This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Provision User - Notification Email

Guys.

I am provisioning my users and once the user is created i have a workflow that then sends out a notification message.

Within the notification message i would like to include the users email address. I have used the following token in the message but when the user is created and the email message go out the email address is not present.

<% =Operation.Target["mail"] %>

Now i think that when the notification message is sent out the Exchange RUS has not applied the email address to the account. So i then thought i would schedule the email notification to be sent 10 minutes after the account was created but again it did not include the email address.

Any ideas as to what i could do here?

Parents
  • Hi I have a similar workflow that is triggered when a virtualAttribute edsvaFirstEmailAddress is modified.  I'm not sure why PS did this now but I suspect it was to get around the problem you are having.  I have a task that creates the users and ARS sets up a mailbox for the user using a provisioning policy.  I have another ARS Script Policy that looks for an update to the mail attribute and if the virtual attribute does not currently have a value then it sets it to the same value as the mail attribute.  The modification of the virtual attribute triggers the workflow and this works fine and includes the email address using the <% =Operation.Target["mail"] %> tag. 

• Hi Lee,

I need to implement a workflow/policy script that triggers onPostModify of the mail attribute, both for new users and changes to the mail attribute of existing users, and writes the user's employeeID and mail attribute to a CSV file and uploads it to an sFTP site for collection by our Workday HR system.

I am comfortable with the script to create the CSV and upload it to the sFTP site.

I like the idea of the two step process that you outline, invlolving the virtualAttribute edsvaFirstEmailAddress. I wonder if you could detail the ARS side of this as that is where my knowledge is a little weak.

Thanks.

James

• Hi Lee,

I need to implement a workflow/policy script that triggers onPostModify of the mail attribute, both for new users and changes to the mail attribute of existing users, and writes the user's employeeID and mail attribute to a CSV file and uploads it to an sFTP site for collection by our Workday HR system.

I am comfortable with the script to create the CSV and upload it to the sFTP site.

I like the idea of the two step process that you outline, invlolving the virtualAttribute edsvaFirstEmailAddress. I wonder if you could detail the ARS side of this as that is where my knowledge is a little weak.

Thanks.

James

Children
No Data