This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic groups and powershell

is there any way to create and configure dynamic groups via powershell script? I don't see any cmdlets in the management shell that address dynamic groups.
Parents
  • NIce find - I'll test this later and confirm if it works. My last attempt seems to show the Quest tools are a bit buggy when managing the Exchange attributes as it corrupted the email configuration completely.

I'd previously found about a year or so ago that Quest does not always follow the exchange rules and can in fact create invalid configurations by adding duplicate SMTP addresses and I got them to build in new functionality to allow me to break the link between the mail attribute and the PrimarySMTP address in a similar way to ADU&C has no link. What I found was that if you set the mail attribute to a value the PrimarySMTP address is updated too but they don't check if the email address you type in the mail attribute ( on the general tab ) is already in the directory. If you try to do the same on the email addresses tab then it won't let you add the duplicate proxyAddress. Strangely enough Exchange doesn't seem to like two objects in AD to have the same PrimarySMTP address :-)
  • NIce find - I'll test this later and confirm if it works. My last attempt seems to show the Quest tools are a bit buggy when managing the Exchange attributes as it corrupted the email configuration completely.

I'd previously found about a year or so ago that Quest does not always follow the exchange rules and can in fact create invalid configurations by adding duplicate SMTP addresses and I got them to build in new functionality to allow me to break the link between the mail attribute and the PrimarySMTP address in a similar way to ADU&C has no link. What I found was that if you set the mail attribute to a value the PrimarySMTP address is updated too but they don't check if the email address you type in the mail attribute ( on the general tab ) is already in the directory. If you try to do the same on the email addresses tab then it won't let you add the duplicate proxyAddress. Strangely enough Exchange doesn't seem to like two objects in AD to have the same PrimarySMTP address :-)
Children
No Data