This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic groups and powershell

is there any way to create and configure dynamic groups via powershell script? I don't see any cmdlets in the management shell that address dynamic groups.
Parents
  • Hi I'm not proposing that anyone edits the attributes directly, only to use the ARS commandlets designed to do this. The discussion above was about the enhanced functionality - here is the enhancement request TF00414390, so that you can tell ARS not to keep the mail and primarySMTP address in sync. Instead of fixing it they just gave me the option to disable the sync because they were not checking the address I was setting ( well not me the ServiceDesk ) and it would just update the primarySMTP address and this could cause a duplicate to exist. ADU&C does not do this so they effectively made it work the same way. I actually think it was a good feature to allow the primarySMTP address to be changed just by editing the mail attribute on the general tab as lots of people do this not understanding that the primarySMTP address is actually one of the proxyAddresse types and it not really the mail attribute.
  • Hi I'm not proposing that anyone edits the attributes directly, only to use the ARS commandlets designed to do this. The discussion above was about the enhanced functionality - here is the enhancement request TF00414390, so that you can tell ARS not to keep the mail and primarySMTP address in sync. Instead of fixing it they just gave me the option to disable the sync because they were not checking the address I was setting ( well not me the ServiceDesk ) and it would just update the primarySMTP address and this could cause a duplicate to exist. ADU&C does not do this so they effectively made it work the same way. I actually think it was a good feature to allow the primarySMTP address to be changed just by editing the mail attribute on the general tab as lots of people do this not understanding that the primarySMTP address is actually one of the proxyAddresse types and it not really the mail attribute.
Children
No Data