This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dynamic groups and powershell

is there any way to create and configure dynamic groups via powershell script? I don't see any cmdlets in the management shell that address dynamic groups.
Parents
  • We are on the same page here.

By setting in AR (MMC, WI, PS1 cmdlet) edsaEstablishGroupEmail, edsva-MsExch-ApplyEmailAddressPolicy - it forces AR to trigger EX PS cmdlet on back end.
    (AR design standard trick)
    >Assuming you have AR managing Exchange already, I believe you can set the VA edsaEstablishGroupEmail to TRUE for mail enabling the groups.

That forces to respect EX side rules:
    >AR VA flag for following Exchange policy. Has this not always been there? This is supposed to force AR to observe the Exchange org's rules.

and makes sense and great:
    >Exchange doesn't seem to like two objects in AD to have the same PrimarySMTP address :-)

Support. Is it documented anywhere in AR manuals, SDK to use edsa VAs for the activity? if yes, then consultant passes all responsibility on AR engine, makes solution design clean, which is a right way.

• We are on the same page here.

By setting in AR (MMC, WI, PS1 cmdlet) edsaEstablishGroupEmail, edsva-MsExch-ApplyEmailAddressPolicy - it forces AR to trigger EX PS cmdlet on back end.
    (AR design standard trick)
    >Assuming you have AR managing Exchange already, I believe you can set the VA edsaEstablishGroupEmail to TRUE for mail enabling the groups.

That forces to respect EX side rules:
    >AR VA flag for following Exchange policy. Has this not always been there? This is supposed to force AR to observe the Exchange org's rules.

and makes sense and great:
    >Exchange doesn't seem to like two objects in AD to have the same PrimarySMTP address :-)

Support. Is it documented anywhere in AR manuals, SDK to use edsa VAs for the activity? if yes, then consultant passes all responsibility on AR engine, makes solution design clean, which is a right way.

Children
No Data