This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Deleting temp files for Powershell Process steps

Hello,

Can someone tell me if it is safe to delete temp files in the following location.

C:\Users\srvc-account\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp_*

I'm thinking its ok but i wanted to make sure.

I'm running a custom process orchestration with powershell scripts in it.

These temp files are generated each time they run.

The directory is growing and i need to make some space on the drive.

Thank you, Lu

Parents
  • Hi, using 6.1.2, I setup a file age process that is scheduled by a windows server scheduled task. In case I need any of the logging I keep X number of days before deleting them.
    I have tried to use power shell clean up settings and it still leaves the large files.
    My answer: It is OK to delete after the processes have finished processing. My aging is the safety that prevents the deleting from impacting active processes.
    Hope this helps, Todd
  • Hi, using 6.1.2, I setup a file age process that is scheduled by a windows server scheduled task. In case I need any of the logging I keep X number of days before deleting them.
    I have tried to use power shell clean up settings and it still leaves the large files.
    My answer: It is OK to delete after the processes have finished processing. My aging is the safety that prevents the deleting from impacting active processes.
    Hope this helps, Todd
Children
No Data