This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HistoryDB installation and History service configuration issue in v7.1

Hello !

I'm trying to install the HistoryDB on my development environment, running Q1IM v7.1.0.

I installed the HistoryDB administration and configuration tools in the same folder as my original install (under C:\ProgramFiles\Dell\One Identity Manager\) (and maybe I made a mistake there and should have selected a different folder like C:\ProgramFiles\Dell\HistoryDB. Anyone could confirm ?)

I then installed the database on the same database server as the one where my original database is located. Everything ran smoothly until the very last step, the service configuration. I was under the impression that the wizard was about the overwrite the JobService.cfg file from my original installed so I clicked on "skipped the service installation" and finished the installation and closed the "Configuration Wizard".

I was hoping that the "Job Service Configuration" wizard would enable me to generate a new configuration file for the History Service and save it... But when I open it, it seems to be editing the JobService.cfg file and I'm having the same doubts as before...

I did not really find any information on the history service specifically in the installation documentation.

I'm at a loss as to how I should proceed.

Was it a mistake to install the HistoryDB tools in the same folder as the original install ? If so, should I attempt a re-installation (deleting the History database and running everything from the start, selecting a different folder at the beginning) ?

Should I create a now configuration file for the History Service ? If so, how should I name it ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robin OLIVER

Parents Reply Children
No Data