This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HistoryDB installation and History service configuration issue in v7.1

Hello !

I'm trying to install the HistoryDB on my development environment, running Q1IM v7.1.0.

I installed the HistoryDB administration and configuration tools in the same folder as my original install (under C:\ProgramFiles\Dell\One Identity Manager\) (and maybe I made a mistake there and should have selected a different folder like C:\ProgramFiles\Dell\HistoryDB. Anyone could confirm ?)

I then installed the database on the same database server as the one where my original database is located. Everything ran smoothly until the very last step, the service configuration. I was under the impression that the wizard was about the overwrite the JobService.cfg file from my original installed so I clicked on "skipped the service installation" and finished the installation and closed the "Configuration Wizard".

I was hoping that the "Job Service Configuration" wizard would enable me to generate a new configuration file for the History Service and save it... But when I open it, it seems to be editing the JobService.cfg file and I'm having the same doubts as before...

I did not really find any information on the history service specifically in the installation documentation.

I'm at a loss as to how I should proceed.

Was it a mistake to install the HistoryDB tools in the same folder as the original install ? If so, should I attempt a re-installation (deleting the History database and running everything from the start, selecting a different folder at the beginning) ?

Should I create a now configuration file for the History Service ? If so, how should I name it ?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Robin OLIVER

Parents
  • Hello Tomi,

Thanks for the help !

I reinstalled the tools in a dedicated folder and edited a JobService.cfg. I managed to start up my History DB service. Everything seems to work fine...except that when I open the JobQueueInfo and log into my History database, steps don't seem to be processed by the service : they remain in the "TRUE" execution status. It tried to restart the HistoryDB service but I'm getting a Windows error 1061 "The service cannot accept control messages at this time."

I'm sure this is related to my mistake earlier. If you have any idea I'd be happy to hear it !

Thanks a lot!
  • Hello Tomi,

Thanks for the help !

I reinstalled the tools in a dedicated folder and edited a JobService.cfg. I managed to start up my History DB service. Everything seems to work fine...except that when I open the JobQueueInfo and log into my History database, steps don't seem to be processed by the service : they remain in the "TRUE" execution status. It tried to restart the HistoryDB service but I'm getting a Windows error 1061 "The service cannot accept control messages at this time."

I'm sure this is related to my mistake earlier. If you have any idea I'd be happy to hear it !

Thanks a lot!
Children
No Data