This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Importing References in One Identity

I've got a SQL HR database with two tables. One table has general HR data, the other has departments. The HR table contains a field department that contains the number of the department in the departments table. Basic foreign key reference. I can import the users into One Identity and I can import the departments but I'm not sure how or where I can flow the reference so that uid_department on the user is set to the correct department as indicated by the HR table. One way I could go it is to flow the number into One Identity on the person object then create a template and I think I can cajole it into selecting the right department and updating the uid_department field. Is there a better way to do this where I can import and it will automatically populate the department properly? If you can point me at any documentation that would good to. 

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Markus,

For me (using 7.1.1), the "key resolution by reference" approach for a custom property only works on a Person sync project when I choose UID_DialogCountry, UID_RealPerson, UID_PersonHead or UID_PersonMasterIdentity or UID_X500Person as the base property.

If I select UID_Department, UID_ProfitCenter, UID_Locality, UID_DialogState, UID_WorkDesk, UID_Org,  or any other UID, I get an error like this one:

2017-07-06 10:11:00    SqlLog    (< 1 ms) - select max(IsDBSchedulerDisabled), max(IsJobServiceDisabled), max(DbQueueWaitForCompiler) from (
                        select    IsDBSchedulerDisabled, IsJobServiceDisabled, 0 as DbQueueWaitForCompiler
                        from    DialogDatabase with (nolock)
                        where    IsMainDatabase = 1

union all

select    0 as IsDBSchedulerDisabled, 0 as IsJobServiceDisabled, 1 as DbQueueWaitForCompiler
                        from    DialogTable with (nolock)
                        where    exists (select 1 from QBM_VDBQueueContent where UID_Task = 'QBM-K-COMMONWAITFORCOMPILER')) as x
    2017-07-06 10:11:13    VI.FormBase.ExceptionMgr    The reference ( (Person_UID_Locality_Locations)) has no target!
    2017-07-06 10:11:30    SqlLog    (4 ms) - select max(IsDBSchedulerDisabled), max(IsJobServiceDisabled), max(DbQueueWaitForCompiler) from (
                        select    IsDBSchedulerDisabled, IsJobServiceDisabled, 0 as DbQueueWaitForCompiler

union all

select    0 as IsDBSchedulerDisabled, 0 as IsJobServiceDisabled, 1 as DbQueueWaitForCompiler
                        where    exists (select 1 from QBM_VDBQueueContent where UID_Task = 'QBM-K-COMMONWAITFORCOMPILER')) as x
    2017-07-06 10:11:58    VI.FormBase.ExceptionMgr    The reference ( (Person_UID_Locality_Locations)) has no target!

The most consistent way I can get  to a custom property to find the right UID_Department value to go with the DeptID retrieved from the target system, is to use a script property.

• Hi Markus,

For me (using 7.1.1), the "key resolution by reference" approach for a custom property only works on a Person sync project when I choose UID_DialogCountry, UID_RealPerson, UID_PersonHead or UID_PersonMasterIdentity or UID_X500Person as the base property.

If I select UID_Department, UID_ProfitCenter, UID_Locality, UID_DialogState, UID_WorkDesk, UID_Org,  or any other UID, I get an error like this one:

2017-07-06 10:11:00    SqlLog    (< 1 ms) - select max(IsDBSchedulerDisabled), max(IsJobServiceDisabled), max(DbQueueWaitForCompiler) from (

union all

2017-07-06 10:11:13    VI.FormBase.ExceptionMgr    The reference ( (Person_UID_Locality_Locations)) has no target!
    2017-07-06 10:11:30    SqlLog    (4 ms) - select max(IsDBSchedulerDisabled), max(IsJobServiceDisabled), max(DbQueueWaitForCompiler) from (

union all

2017-07-06 10:11:58    VI.FormBase.ExceptionMgr    The reference ( (Person_UID_Locality_Locations)) has no target!

The most consistent way I can get  to a custom property to find the right UID_Department value to go with the DeptID retrieved from the target system, is to use a script property.

Children
No Data