This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web designer Container (iteration), how can I create a HTML parent container for every third element?

In Web Designer, I have a Container (Iteration) node and I'm getting all of the items from the container without issue but the format it's showing is not how I want it. There is a tick box in the Container (Iteration) node that is "Do not create a HTML parent container". I've tested with this ticked and unticked and the behaviour I'm looking for is somewhere between these two extremes. I want a HTML parent container to be created after each 3 elements in the iteration. Is there a way I can do this?

• Hi,

The setting is a true/false setting, so there is nothing like you describe. What is the use case?

If you are looking to apply visual styles, there is a possibility to style every 3rd list item using CSS.
    stackoverflow.com/.../styling-every-3rd-item-of-a-list-using-css

Hope this helps

Hanno
  • Thanks for your reply Hanno. The use case is working with the content slider. I want it to have three rows instead of one. I've found that it is using the bx-slider javascript class and experimented with it outside of one identity. I've found that One Identity puts each item in the content slider into it's own <span>. What I need is for three items in the content slider to be in each <span> and this will put three rows as I want it. I don't think css can achieve this because it's not a style I need but less tags in there.