This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Designer File Upload Node (Retain Filename)

When using the Upload node in Web Designer, how do we save a file without specifying a filename?  I want to just specify a path to save the file to and keep the filename as is and when I do that I get the following error.

Here is the node with parameters.

Parents
  • Kenny,

You should defined a local single row collection that will hold the file name.

If you do, then the "File name" could be filled out with : format("C:\Upload\{0}-{1}", from FileUploadLocalCollection select filename, FormatDate(getdate(), "yyyyMMdd-hhmmss"))

In my example, I defined a local single row collection called "FileUploadLocalCollection" with string Property "filename".

With that, you must assign "Collection for file name" to "FileUploadLocalCollection", and "Property for file name" to "filename".

What this does is to upload the file with a date stamp.  Ideally, I would try to get the shopping cart ID and put it there.  I'm assuming you are trying to add additional documents for an IT Shop request.

Thanks,
    Viloun

• Kenny,

You should defined a local single row collection that will hold the file name.

If you do, then the "File name" could be filled out with : format("C:\Upload\{0}-{1}", from FileUploadLocalCollection select filename, FormatDate(getdate(), "yyyyMMdd-hhmmss"))

In my example, I defined a local single row collection called "FileUploadLocalCollection" with string Property "filename".

With that, you must assign "Collection for file name" to "FileUploadLocalCollection", and "Property for file name" to "filename".

What this does is to upload the file with a date stamp.  Ideally, I would try to get the shopping cart ID and put it there.  I'm assuming you are trying to add additional documents for an IT Shop request.

Thanks,
    Viloun

Children
No Data