This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Web Portal bug: "There are too many results.." message with no data to display

Hi all,

I'm encountering this little bug..On the web portal, in sections Request History, Approval History or Unsubscribe if I type some keyword to search, even if there is no data to display, it shows me this message. Here's the screenshot of two cases: in the first one the word "ras" represent the name of a custom target system, the second one a random word. In both cases there are no requests to display.

• Hi Dario
    We have the same problem and we have a open Service Request for that.

The problem is, that the search takes the full product list as first step and filters out, what you have really ordered in the second step.

"To many" results comes from the first step. It doesn't matter how many of the products you really have ordered.

I'm looking forward for a solution from One Identity.

Patrick
  • Hi Dario,
    this is by design. The search is operating on all data, without "knowing" on what data you are currently operating.
    Regards
  • Hi prueegg,

Thanks for your reply. It would be great if, once you have news, you could share with us your solution.

Dario
  • First answer was, that this is not a bug. As Geraldine mentioned it is by design.

I've mentioned that this is not the behaviour the user is expecting.
    The user is not interested in all data. The user is only interested in what he can unsubscribe.

For example if the user has two items matching "ras" to unsubscribe he is wondering why this two results is "to many".

I'll keep you up to date.
  • Thanks Geraldine. Is there a way to hide this message?
  • Try to filter the results by product name. You will get the desired results.

The search box is using the search index to allow for fast partial searches without putting to much load on the database.
  • Hi Markus

I just tried out for myself. I've ordered 5 products with "Citrix" in it's name.
    We have a bit more than 100 "Citrix" products available in the shop.

So if I click on the filter icon next to "Produkt" and enter Citrix it takes quite a while (more than 1 minute) an returns that there are no data available.
    Is there something I understand wrong?

As enduser in the screen of unsubscribing (or request history) I would expect my 5 products, since 5 couldn't be to many at all.
  • Honestly, now I am unable to follow your explanations as I am unable to reproduce this like you are describing it. On my system the filter option returns not only fast but it returns some data. Maybe there are other reasons that lead to your filtering performance and results (Not talking about the index search, just about the filtering). Reasons could be customizing or SQL Server issues. None of these can easily be answered here in the forum, so I suggest to work with support on that.

P.S: I have used version 7.1.2 which one did you use? It is always helpful to post the version you have a problem with.

• Hi Markus

We have 7.1.1 which is listed as latest in the software download list.

One question concerning your example: Do you have over 100 products matching the search term "mfa"?

That is the problem.
    For example I have the product "Citrix: Ultra Edit".

If I search for "ultra" the search is really fast and the product is shown.
    If I search for "Citrix" (since I want to unsubscribe also other "Citrix-Products" I get nothing after a long waiting time.

Another example:
    If I search for "IDM" I get my 3 result really fast. In total we have only 7 products matching that term.
  • I do have around 50 entries. But 50 or 100 shouldn't make the big difference.

Again, support is the best place for you I think.