This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebDesigner question

Hi Experts,

Making my first foray into WebDesigner after a brief crash course from a colleague... 7.1.1

As a simple test, I want to show a custom form to the end user without using request properties. I created a new component to use, and in it I created a new local table named "System" with one property "UID_UNSRootB". The idea is to allow the end user to select a UNSRootB as a foreign key.

I tried using the VI_Edit_PropertyCaption component to let the system automatically handle this, but I get a compiler error saying "No cursor defined".

Can I use a local table to capture the UID_UNSRootB as a foreign key? IF so, which component should I be looking at?

Thanks

Kin

• If your collection System is defined as a database object, you need to itterate it before you can access it. In your example you can do it by using a "Container (Iteration)" - within this block you will have a cursor for your collection System.

-
    Regards
    Sven