This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebDesigner - Dynamically create properties

Hello Experts,

Apologies for hammering WD questions on the forum - all help is much appreciated! :)

Is it possible to dynamically add properties in a collection?

Basically I need to display a bunch of combobox type properties but I don't know in advance how many of those will be there. Effectively I need to create a property to store each selection in the combobox. I tried using the same property for all but then it messed up the selected values in the display when the user selects another property.

As an example, the form might be like this:

Q) Server Required? (dropdown: S01, S02, S03)

Q) DB Required? (dropdown: D01,D02,D03)

Q) Access Required (dropdown: Read,Write)

For now, I have a single-row collection "SelectedVal". I tied this to the combobox for all the boxes. The comboxes are shown in a grid iteration (with a save button after each option), so when the user clicks save I can save the selected value to a different collection, however sharing the common "SelectedVal" collection messes up the display when the user selects different value in the dropdowns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kin

Parents
  • I can't think of any useful scenario where this would be a useful solution.
    You don't need more properties but a clear workflow.
    I think another row with some events will help you, after you have defined your use case.
  • I can't think of any useful scenario where this would be a useful solution.
    You don't need more properties but a clear workflow.
    I think another row with some events will help you, after you have defined your use case.
Children
No Data