This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

WebDesigner - Dynamically create properties

Hello Experts,

Apologies for hammering WD questions on the forum - all help is much appreciated! :)

Is it possible to dynamically add properties in a collection?

Basically I need to display a bunch of combobox type properties but I don't know in advance how many of those will be there. Effectively I need to create a property to store each selection in the combobox. I tried using the same property for all but then it messed up the selected values in the display when the user selects another property.

As an example, the form might be like this:

Q) Server Required? (dropdown: S01, S02, S03)

Q) DB Required? (dropdown: D01,D02,D03)

Q) Access Required (dropdown: Read,Write)

For now, I have a single-row collection "SelectedVal". I tied this to the combobox for all the boxes. The comboxes are shown in a grid iteration (with a save button after each option), so when the user clicks save I can save the selected value to a different collection, however sharing the common "SelectedVal" collection messes up the display when the user selects different value in the dropdowns.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kin

Parents
  • Hi Geraldine

My use case is of a dependent drop-down properties, however I don't know how many such properties will be displayed.

Let's say I first select a value from dropdown1 (DD1), then based on that I need to show a filtered list of values in DD2, then based on that a filtered list of values in DD3 and so on. An example of this could be

Pick a phone manufacturer: <List of manufacturers>
    Pick a phone model : <based on Q1 above>
    Pick a colour: <based on Q2 above>

To further complicate this issue, the form is not static i.e. for some products we might have 6 such dependent dropdowns, for some we might have 2 etc. The dropdowns and their values are stored in a custom table, along with their parent.

Not sure if this helps.
  • Hi Geraldine

My use case is of a dependent drop-down properties, however I don't know how many such properties will be displayed.

Let's say I first select a value from dropdown1 (DD1), then based on that I need to show a filtered list of values in DD2, then based on that a filtered list of values in DD3 and so on. An example of this could be

Pick a phone manufacturer: <List of manufacturers>
    Pick a phone model : <based on Q1 above>
    Pick a colour: <based on Q2 above>

To further complicate this issue, the form is not static i.e. for some products we might have 6 such dependent dropdowns, for some we might have 2 etc. The dropdowns and their values are stored in a custom table, along with their parent.

Not sure if this helps.
Children
No Data