This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change User Context in VB Script

Hello

Is it possible to run specific scripts called by a dialog script under the system context (sa user).

Situation:

I have a special script that runs a update for a specific config parm value. The user itself that runs the Dialog Script does not have any update rights to this Confg Parm, but in the context of calling this Action in the manager, I want to give him this permission. The problem is, if I load the parameter value and put the new value and commit this update by .save, then the User would need also the write permission to the configuration paramater in DialogConfigParm table.

I need some VB Script, so that I can have a new Session that runs the update under sa. The other option would be to fire an event that run the script on the Job Server, but I want to have this task interactive done.

Any hint to this situation?

Parents
  • You cannot as far as I know and you do not need to use the system user sa to be able to write configuration parameters.

I suggest to add the edit permission for these special configuration parameters to a custom permission group. Use the edit where clause for the permission to limit it to the ones you want the users to be able to change.
  • You cannot as far as I know and you do not need to use the system user sa to be able to write configuration parameters.

I suggest to add the edit permission for these special configuration parameters to a custom permission group. Use the edit where clause for the permission to limit it to the ones you want the users to be able to change.
Children
No Data