This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Language according provided culture

Hi

I try to get the translation from within a script by using the #LD-Notation. I've the key in the DialogMultilanguage set as: "my test to translate"

Now I tried the following to get the Italian translation of the above mentioned key:
(according the documentation: http://docadmin.quest.com/identity-manager/7.1.1/configuration-guide/the-scripts-one-identity-manager/using-ld-notation/example-for-specifying-language)

Dim lang As String = "italiano"

Value = #LD[lang]("my test to translate")#

However as a result I always receive the key itself "my test to translate" and not the translated text. I tried the provided culture as:

- italiano
- it-CH
- italian

but non of them worked (also tried for different languages like French). I know that normally the square bracket is optional but in my case I need them.

I also tried with the method:
Value = LanguageDependentEx(lang, "DialogMultiLanguage", "EntryValue", "my test to translate")

but also this without success.

I'm on OneIdentity Manager version 7.1.1.

Do I miss something?

Thanks for your help

regards,
Rolf

Parents
  • It looks like a problem within the swiss culture info. I added now the Italien-Italy culture as well. After calling

#LD["italiano"]("weiterhin gültig")#

it works like a charm. Therefore I guess I've to open an incident at OneIdentity.
    By the way, it never worked with the Ident_DialogCulture, it must be the language. This would also match the function call, since it requires a langage instead of a culture:

-->LanguageDependentEx(language,table,column,key,parameters)

the only thing I ask myself is, how to determine the different culture by only providing the language..... (because the NativeName does not work either)

Thanks for all your help
    regards,
    Rolf
  • It looks like a problem within the swiss culture info. I added now the Italien-Italy culture as well. After calling

#LD["italiano"]("weiterhin gültig")#

it works like a charm. Therefore I guess I've to open an incident at OneIdentity.
    By the way, it never worked with the Ident_DialogCulture, it must be the language. This would also match the function call, since it requires a langage instead of a culture:

-->LanguageDependentEx(language,table,column,key,parameters)

the only thing I ask myself is, how to determine the different culture by only providing the language..... (because the NativeName does not work either)

Thanks for all your help
    regards,
    Rolf
Children
No Data