This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Language according provided culture

Hi

I try to get the translation from within a script by using the #LD-Notation. I've the key in the DialogMultilanguage set as: "my test to translate"

Now I tried the following to get the Italian translation of the above mentioned key:
(according the documentation: http://docadmin.quest.com/identity-manager/7.1.1/configuration-guide/the-scripts-one-identity-manager/using-ld-notation/example-for-specifying-language)

Dim lang As String = "italiano"

Value = #LD[lang]("my test to translate")#

However as a result I always receive the key itself "my test to translate" and not the translated text. I tried the provided culture as:

- italiano
- it-CH
- italian

but non of them worked (also tried for different languages like French). I know that normally the square bracket is optional but in my case I need them.

I also tried with the method:
Value = LanguageDependentEx(lang, "DialogMultiLanguage", "EntryValue", "my test to translate")

but also this without success.

I'm on OneIdentity Manager version 7.1.1.

Do I miss something?

Thanks for your help

regards,
Rolf

Parents
  • Forget my previous post.

The #LD notation, and the LanguageDependend(Ex) methods currently use the same mapping scheme between cultures and languages as in version 6 to be compatible.

The mapping scheme is defined as:

_cultures =
    new Dictionary<string, string>(StringComparer.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase)
         {
                {"deutsch", "de-DE"},
                {"english", "en-US"},
                {"français", "fr-FR"},
                {"italiano", "it-IT"},
                {"русский", "ru-RU"},
                {"中文(中华人民共和国)", "zh-CN"},
                {"한국어", "ko-KR"},
                {"日本語", "ja-JP"},
                {"Português (Br)", "pt-BR"},
                {"español", "es-ES"},
                {"Nederlands", "nl-NL"},
                {"Español (AR)", "es-AR"}
         };

You can add additional languages using the <app>.config, for example add this into the StdioProcessor.exe.config, StdioProcessor32.exe.config if the script is to be executed on the Job Service.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <section name="cultures" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
      </configSections>

<cultures>
        <add key="italiano (Svizzera)" value="it-CH" />
      </cultures>
    </configuration>

Drawback is, you need to add this to any application that executes the script to choose the correct translation.

The other workaround is to assign the culture it-IT (italiano) to your translations. It should work as expected then.

We have taken enhancement request VPR#28852 to support the direct culture notation #LD["de-DE"]("Test")# as well as the old one #LD["deutsch"]("Test")#.

Thank you.

• Forget my previous post.

The #LD notation, and the LanguageDependend(Ex) methods currently use the same mapping scheme between cultures and languages as in version 6 to be compatible.

The mapping scheme is defined as:

_cultures =
    new Dictionary<string, string>(StringComparer.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase)
         {
                {"deutsch", "de-DE"},
                {"english", "en-US"},
                {"français", "fr-FR"},
                {"italiano", "it-IT"},
                {"русский", "ru-RU"},
                {"中文(中华人民共和国)", "zh-CN"},
                {"한국어", "ko-KR"},
                {"日本語", "ja-JP"},
                {"Português (Br)", "pt-BR"},
                {"español", "es-ES"},
                {"Nederlands", "nl-NL"},
                {"Español (AR)", "es-AR"}
         };

You can add additional languages using the <app>.config, for example add this into the StdioProcessor.exe.config, StdioProcessor32.exe.config if the script is to be executed on the Job Service.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <section name="cultures" type="System.Configuration.NameValueSectionHandler, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" />
      </configSections>

<cultures>
        <add key="italiano (Svizzera)" value="it-CH" />
      </cultures>
    </configuration>

Drawback is, you need to add this to any application that executes the script to choose the correct translation.

The other workaround is to assign the culture it-IT (italiano) to your translations. It should work as expected then.

We have taken enhancement request VPR#28852 to support the direct culture notation #LD["de-DE"]("Test")# as well as the old one #LD["deutsch"]("Test")#.

Thank you.

Children
No Data