This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error - Can't launch 'Import process Information' on history Database

Hello,

We wanted to import the information from our main database to the history database. The export process is working perfectly fine.

However, when we execute the process "Import process information" in the history designer, we have the following error :

When we try to access in the ObjectBrowser to the table "SourceDatabase", we have the same error message.
We used the SoftwareLoader in order to load this file, but nothing change after.

The version of our "HDB.Customizer.dll" is :

We are currently using D1IM v6.1.3.

Have you ever encountered this problem ?

Best Regards,

Mike.

• Please check that you start ObjectBrowser and Designer from the correct directory. While the Identity Manager is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Quest One Identity Manager" the History DB is installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\HistoryDB" in version 6.

• Hi,

That solved our problem. We didn't launch the correct one.
    Thank you a lot.

However, we still have a problem with our history job queue.

In fact, when we execute the "import process", the job is always "true".

We have nothing in the job queue log :

<i>2017-10-17 13:07:52 +02:00 - Info: Requesting process steps for queue \ASVHSQLD1IM01-History.<x>
    <i>2017-10-17 13:07:52 +02:00 - Info: Last process step request succeeded.<x>
    <i>2017-10-17 13:07:52 +02:00 - Info: Last process step request succeeded.<x>

It seems that the job queue isn't correctly configure but we don't know why.

Have you already seen this ?

Best Regards,

Mike.

• Do you have a History DB JobService, and I assume that your screenshot is from the HistoryDB job queue , that is servicing the Queue \ASVHSQLD1IM01-History?

Please check that in your job service configuration as ootb, the job server looking for a queue constructed as \%Computername%.

I assume that your computer the History DB service is running on is not called ASVHSQLD1IM01-History, or is it?
  • You are correct.

We switch the name of the queue from "\%Computername%" to "\%Computername%-History" because when we left "\%Computername%", we had this error :

Error during execution of statement: exec vid_JobGetForCache_3 N'\ASVHSQLD1IM01', 90, -1, 1996797, N'', N'f78e9a04-1afa-44d9-ab4b-ef44ebfc15bb'
        [810143] Database error 50000: detected in (SRV=ASVHSQLD1IM01\BDPSQLD1IM01, DB=D1IM) Procedure vid_JobGetForCache_3, Line 33
        [810143] Database error 50000: Session ID for queue \ASVHSQLD1IM01 does not agree. DB: 2ca62b40-de0e-4145-9643-937a81f2f34a Query:f78e9a04-1afa-44d9-ab4b-ef44ebfc15bb.<x>

Here are the History job queue configuration :

We are running the History DB service on "ASVHSQLD1IM01".

Thanking you in advance,

Best Regards,

Mike.

• I think you are running against the wrong database. Please check that the service is connected to the HistoryDB. The error message when you used %Copmputername% only implies, that another Job Service was already connected to the DB with the same queue name. I believe that this was the normal Job Service connected to your normal OneIM database, that's why I'm suggesting to check your connection settings in the job service configuration.
  • This was the perfect answer to our answer.

We didn't check that the history job server was defined to the right database.
    Now, the job server seems to be processing our "VI_Process_Import".

Thank you a lot.

Best regards,

Mike.