This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Account Definition wont apply

I created an Account Definition and checked "Automatic assignment to Employees".

I expected to see the Account Definition applied to new Person as I created them. It doesn't happen at all.

I can do it manualy but I need to do it automatically when a new Person are created.

What I miss?

On another system it works like a charm, no issue.

Thanks.

• There is an application role called Birthright Assignments where all account definitions will be assigned to.

Role Description:

All resources labeled for automatic assignment to all employees are assigned to the application role. All internal employees are assigned to this application role and obtain the resources dynamically.

So if the account definition is not applied to the person, either the inheritance to the person is not correctly configured or your person does not match the ootb criteria for being a member of the Birthright Assignments application role.

Default criteria is:

IsExternal = 0 and UID_PersonMasterIdentity is null

• Thanks for aswering.
    I checked and Birthright Assignments is assigned to new Persons, but not the Account Definition. Any other clue?

I noticed there is a lot of Frozen with the following error

2017-10-25 23:14:09 +02:00 - \STA-ONEID-01 - VI.JobService.JobComponents.HandleObjectComponent - B668947D-7C58-4F97-A88E-4A26E31166AA: Errors occured
        Error saving 9ef32804-154e-4c70-8d90-15bf5a5c63dd - QER-AEROLE-ALLUSER: [810023] Error during execution of statement: delete from PersonInAERole where ((PersonInAERole.UID_AERole = 'QER-AEROLE-ALLUSER') and (PersonInAERole.UID_Person = '9ef32804-154e-4c70-8d90-15bf5a5c63dd'))
        [810143] Database error 229: The DELETE permission was denied on the object 'PersonInAERole', database 'D1IM', schema 'dbo'.
        [System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException] The DELETE permission was denied on the object 'PersonInAERole', database 'D1IM', schema 'dbo'.

This error could be related to the issue on Account Definition?

• Could be the reason.

Sounds like your database permissions are not sufficient. I would starting to check the credentials and permissions used to access the SQL database. In case of the error in the log file, I would check the credentials stored in the main database entry in DialogDatabase.

Easiest way to check or edit, open Designer and navigate to Base Data\Databases, select the Main Database in the list and choose Define connection string for database Main Database from the Tasks

• I changed the user in the db connection and this fixed the FROZEN issue. But still there is no assignment of the Account Definition. There is a specific log I can check? Thanks.

• More things to check.

- Are the new persons permanently disabled or is the inheritance deactivated?
    - Are there jobs in the DB Queue calculating the inheritance?

You can check the Database Journal using the JobQueue Info tool, but I think something basic is missing. You could check the online documentation in the chapter about roles.