This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Schema Extension across tables - 7.1.1

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to apply the same schema extensions to multiple tables, or does each have to be done one table at a time? Typica use case here is extending both ShoppingCartItem and PersonWantsOrg. I need to make about 20 extensions on each table and typing each column by hand with the correct data type is error-prone.

Thanks

Kin

• There already is a schema extension which provides custom attributes to UNS groups and UNS accounts. Perhaps that principle can be extended to support other tables?
  • Thanks Tim, can you elaborate on what is already present which allows us to add columns to multiple tables at the same time?
  • Hi

If I remember right, you can use UNSItemB for permissions controls for groups and users but if you aren't using it for that, then it includes ten string-based custom attributes. Other tables like UNSAccountBHasUNSItemB map the user to the permissions control.

If you aren't using UNSItemB, then you can apply similar logic. Create one new table to cover all your additional attributes, including a FK reference to an object key. If you don't place any constraints on it, the one table will cover all your extension attributes on all your tables.
  • Ok, thanks Tim. So it seems there's not way to "properly" extend the schemas on multiple tables at the same time, but thanks for the suggested method. I'll try that