This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1IM 6.1.2 Web application access issue

Hello the community,

We are facing an access issue on the web application from 0h00 to around 2h30. (1IM v6.1.2)
The property Common\DBScheduler\MaintHourLocal is disabled, so I'm not able to determine the starting point of the maintenance tasks.
Also we have set the recycling task from the IIS servers at 0H00.

Do you know how can I found the root cause ? (recycling from ISS / Maintenance tasks / Both / Other ?)
Also is there any impact if we disabled the recycling tasks from ISS?

Regards,
Alain K.

• Is the issue permanent between 0h00 and 2h30, or does it alleviate itself a few minutes after the first user tries to access the app?

After the IIS pool recycling, the application must be compiled, which takes a few minutes and happens only after the site is accessed for the first time. This is a known drawback and many solutions include a scheduled job which simply calls the site URL e.g. at 0h05 to initiate compilation automatically, so the users are less likely to encounter an un-compiled application.

A more advanced solution includes setting up the IIS application initialization web server feature, which basically does the same thing on IIS side.
  • Hello Christian,

The issue is permanent, that is why I have a doubt on the root cause, I am not sure if it is from the recycling task of IIS. We will try to deactivate the recycling on IIS and check if the issue occurs again.

Thank you for the feedback.
  • What is the issue exactly? Is there a message in the browser during this time?

If you are recycling IIS you should check if the app pools are coming back up in the time frame you mentioned.

But again, knowing the exact symptoms here would help: is there an error? Is the user simply getting a time out? Etc.

Trevor