This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get AD Sync Project Password Variable

Using V7.1.1. I have a side process that I have to run that queries active directory for some data. There is also a sync project to the same domain and I want to reuse the connection from that. I've got the process running and it works fine, the only problem is that I'm having to clear text the password in as a parameter. I'm using the ScriptExec component and passing in the required connection variables with parameters. I get these parameters by querying the DPRSystemVariable table. The password, however, is encrypted. Reading the documentation it seemed I should be able to tick the encrypted box for the parameter and it would decrypt it automatically but I'm unable to authenticate when I do this. Is there anyway I can decrypt the password to use in my process?

Parents
  • You described the correct way to use an encrypted value. The question remains why you are unable to connect using the encrypted parameters.

Did you try to add some logging to your script to check if the password received by the script is the one you expect?

Does the JobService have access to the private key used to encrypt your database?
  • You described the correct way to use an encrypted value. The question remains why you are unable to connect using the encrypted parameters.

Did you try to add some logging to your script to check if the password received by the script is the one you expect?

Does the JobService have access to the private key used to encrypt your database?
Children
No Data