This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Get AD Sync Project Password Variable

Using V7.1.1. I have a side process that I have to run that queries active directory for some data. There is also a sync project to the same domain and I want to reuse the connection from that. I've got the process running and it works fine, the only problem is that I'm having to clear text the password in as a parameter. I'm using the ScriptExec component and passing in the required connection variables with parameters. I get these parameters by querying the DPRSystemVariable table. The password, however, is encrypted. Reading the documentation it seemed I should be able to tick the encrypted box for the parameter and it would decrypt it automatically but I'm unable to authenticate when I do this. Is there anyway I can decrypt the password to use in my process?

Parents
  • In the end, I created a custom configuration parameter and put the password to AD in there and set it to encrypted. Then passed it to my script in process orchestration and ticked the encrypted tick box. This successfully decrypted the password and allowed me to authenticate. I'm not sure why it decrypted a configuration parameter but wouldn't decrypt a value I was getting from the database but this work around is satisfactory.
  • In the end, I created a custom configuration parameter and put the password to AD in there and set it to encrypted. Then passed it to my script in process orchestration and ticked the encrypted tick box. This successfully decrypted the password and allowed me to authenticate. I'm not sure why it decrypted a configuration parameter but wouldn't decrypt a value I was getting from the database but this work around is satisfactory.
Children
No Data