This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

7.1.1: AdHoc Provisioning to LDAP Directory

I have a Generic LDAP Sync set up, which was built using a blank template. All sync events I require (Insert, Update and Delete) are working as expected when I execute a sync, but I need to set up AdHoc provisioning to the directory for real time inserts/updates/deletes. I have converted all my connection parameters into variables now sitting within the default variable set and I have created Provisioning Process Operations for each event pointing to the correct workflow, system connection and table.

After taking a look through the pre-processing scripts and generating conditions for the AdHoc provisioning processes on the LDAPAccount Table, I feel as though I have satisfied the requirements for the processes to trigger. I know this may be vague but any ideas on why these may not be generating, or some good reference points to investigate?

• What I would do to narrow down the cause of this, is to turn on the log level to trace in the Object Browser (you can do that interactively in the operations log window in Object Browser) and then try to force an AdHoc job generation. You can then investigate the Job Generation entries of the log to detect, why the job was not generated.
  • Thanks Markus, that helped.

Ok, so the issue was minor and staring me in the face. Which made it quite irritating just how long it took me to notice.

I commented out the try block on the pre-processing script and simulated the event again. This yielded the following error "Could not determine projection workflow". This meant the root cause was within the DPR_GetDPRObjectOperationUID system script.

One of the columns checked on the DPRObjectOperation Table is "Name". Within my Provisioning Process Operation I named the event "Update", as this was the process I was attempting to trigger (Same as the naming convention for provisioning processes created from an AD template). Unfortunately I failed to notice that on all 4 LDAPAccount processes (Delete/HandleOutstanding/Insert/Update) the operationName is hardcoded as "AdHoc".

So I have named the Provisioning Process "AdHoc" and the processes now trigger accordingly. I'm guessing that the LDAP Sync Templates must only create one Provisioning Process named AdHoc, unlike AD.