This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Queues vs Service

Hi Experts,

A slightly theoretical/architectural question. I need to setup a new v8 environment and have been given 1 job server.

Is it generally better to have one service with many queues or many services with one queue each to get best performance from a single job server? What kind of decisions should I take into account when defining queues vs services

Thanks

Kin

Parents
  • Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the input. AFAIK it is possible to install multiple services on the same job server although the service needs to be installed manually (using sc create), which is why I thought I'd ask my question.

This is for v8 btw.

For now I've gone with one service and multiple queues (a queue for each target system)

Thanks
    Kin
  • Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the input. AFAIK it is possible to install multiple services on the same job server although the service needs to be installed manually (using sc create), which is why I thought I'd ask my question.

This is for v8 btw.

For now I've gone with one service and multiple queues (a queue for each target system)

Thanks
    Kin
Children
No Data