This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Designer error - Options strict On disallows implicit conversions from String to Long

Hi All,

I want to update the UID_RealPerson column in HR Instance, to achieve this i tried the below.

I used Connection.GetSingleProperty("PersonTable","UID_Person", Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("InternalName", "value") and Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("UID_PersonMasterIdentity", "value"))

But Im getting the below error

Options strict On disallows implicit conversions from String to Long

Please help me in resolving this.

Thanks,

Sangeetha

Parents
  • Hi Markus,

1) I'm using version 6.1 .
    for prov2 instance , i want to update the uid_realperson in the person table of hr instance(version 8)

2) There is already an existing code that updates the first name, last name and personal number in the person table of hr instance when an entry is made in UNSROOT of prov2.

ColValues.Add(UID_RealPerson,Connection.GetSingleProperty("PersonTable","UID_Person", Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("InternalName", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase) and Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("UID_PersonMasterIdentity", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase)))

The above line of code i added to the existing code in order to update the UID_Realperson column in person table of hr instance.

After adding the above lines its throwing up an error.

If I remove the below line,
    Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("UID_PersonMasterIdentity", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase)

I dont get this error, please let me know how can this be resolved, as i need to check the above condition too to update the uid_realperson value as hr will have 4 identities and i want only the hr instance identity value to be updated in the uid_realperson column of person table of HR Instance.

Please let me know if these information is enough.

Thanks,
    Sangeetha
  • Hi Markus,

1) I'm using version 6.1 .
    for prov2 instance , i want to update the uid_realperson in the person table of hr instance(version 8)

2) There is already an existing code that updates the first name, last name and personal number in the person table of hr instance when an entry is made in UNSROOT of prov2.

ColValues.Add(UID_RealPerson,Connection.GetSingleProperty("PersonTable","UID_Person", Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("InternalName", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase) and Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("UID_PersonMasterIdentity", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase)))

The above line of code i added to the existing code in order to update the UID_Realperson column in person table of hr instance.

After adding the above lines its throwing up an error.

If I remove the below line,
    Connection.sqlformatter.Comparison("UID_PersonMasterIdentity", "value",valType.String,CompareOperator.Equal,FormatterOptions.Ignorecase)

I dont get this error, please let me know how can this be resolved, as i need to check the above condition too to update the uid_realperson value as hr will have 4 identities and i want only the hr instance identity value to be updated in the uid_realperson column of person table of HR Instance.

Please let me know if these information is enough.

Thanks,
    Sangeetha
Children
No Data