This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

LDAP provisioning: "discarded due to an invalid combination of attribute and object class"

Hi

I am getting this error in a RACF sync project when trying to update racfAddressLine1, racfAddressLine2 and racfAddressLine3 attributes. The error also appears if I try to make the change in Target System Browser and hit save.

If I log into an LDAP browser using the exact same credentials, and go to the user object to be updated, I cannot see these attributes but if I add a new attribute for racfAddressLine1 and populate it, then hit save, it saves.

And if I then attempt the sync again, those attributes do get populated - but only for that one row. The next account in the sync also needs these attributes refreshed but it throws the same error.

What could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hi,

I just tried this out and got exactly the same error as you!

I created a mapping for LDAPAccount.DestinationIndicator (Location ID) to racfBuilding.

I set a value in Manager, hit save, the provision job fired and froze …… so ……

Looking here: support.oneidentity.com/.../9

We can see that racfBuilding is part of the auxiliary class racfWorkAttrSegment. After the sync, my LDAPAccount(s) have these objectclasses:

TOP;RACFBASECOMMON;RACFUSER;SAFTSOSEGMENT

So if I edit the OBJECTCLASS and add RACFWORKATTRSEGMENT and then update the DestinationIndicator (Location ID) field ….. the provision works!!!

Because I now have a valid attribute/objectclass combination.

The appendices in the 1IM doc tell you all the attribute/objectclass combinations.

The moral of the story is that just because you see the attribute on the RHS in the TS schema ….. it doesn’t mean you can just use it ….. you have to make sure you have the associated objectclass for the attribute(s).

HTH, Barry.
  • Hi,

I just tried this out and got exactly the same error as you!

I created a mapping for LDAPAccount.DestinationIndicator (Location ID) to racfBuilding.

I set a value in Manager, hit save, the provision job fired and froze …… so ……

Looking here: support.oneidentity.com/.../9

We can see that racfBuilding is part of the auxiliary class racfWorkAttrSegment. After the sync, my LDAPAccount(s) have these objectclasses:

TOP;RACFBASECOMMON;RACFUSER;SAFTSOSEGMENT

So if I edit the OBJECTCLASS and add RACFWORKATTRSEGMENT and then update the DestinationIndicator (Location ID) field ….. the provision works!!!

Because I now have a valid attribute/objectclass combination.

The appendices in the 1IM doc tell you all the attribute/objectclass combinations.

The moral of the story is that just because you see the attribute on the RHS in the TS schema ….. it doesn’t mean you can just use it ….. you have to make sure you have the associated objectclass for the attribute(s).

HTH, Barry.
Children
No Data