This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with database performance

Hello all,

We are facing a problem with the database. We found out that when we are using the web portal, some pages are taking a lot of time to load. Digging into the problem, in the logs we can see a problem with a query related with the AccProduct Table. We also saw that the same query executed in the object browser in the server of the web portal takes approximately the same amount of time, but the same query in the object browser from the database server takes around 3ms. The query is the next one but we tried the same query without the where clause and runs smoothly and also this problem happen with other tables:

(503 ms) - select Currency, CustomProperty01, CustomProperty02, CustomProperty03, CustomProperty04, CustomProperty05, CustomProperty06, CustomProperty07, CustomProperty08, CustomProperty09, CustomProperty10, Description, FullPath, Ident_AccProductGroup, InternalPrice, IsSpecialGroup, PurchasePrice, Remarks, SalesPrice, SortOrder, UID_AccActivitySupplied, UID_AccCostElement, UID_AccProductGroup, UID_AccProductGroupParent, UID_AccProductParamCategory, UID_OrgAttestator, UID_OrgRuler, UID_PWODecisionMethod, XDateInserted, XDateUpdated, XMarkedForDeletion, XObjectKey, XTouched, XUserInserted, XUserUpdated from AccProductGroup where (AccProductGroup.UID_AccProductGroup = 'b403612e-071a-4d16-8ab8-f6b87dfcf292')) 

The unusual part is the 500ms that takes when normally is around 1~2ms. 

Also, I found this on the Activity monitor on the SQL Server Management Studio:

May it be related with indexes of the database?

Note: we have 2 SQL databases in the same server working for different One Identity Manager v7.1.2

Thanks in advance,

Adri

• Hi Adri,

I'd suggest to open a service request with Support so the logs can be reviewed. Indexes are relevant of course. Multiple queries taking 500 ms to return results can have an impact. It's important to review the database I/O, indexes, and so on. In addition to that, execution plans for long running queries help provide further insight.

Trevor

• Thanks Trevor. We will open a service request then and review the database.