This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Large IT Shop request form

I am building a request form with a large Request Property group (30+ questions).  When requesting the item, the form extends beyond a page, but does not have a scrollbar.  Does anyone know how to add that?  I've tried adding the CssClass 'd1im-popup-large' to the VI_ITShop_Approvals, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks!

Ellen

• This is v. 8, by the way.
  • I don't know where you have customized the IT Shop to adjust the request forms.

In the web portal you could try to have a two column layout as well.
    You can also add a scrollbar.

Without seeing your code it's hard to tell, why your content does not have a scrollbar.

• Thanks Geraldine.  Here are the items I've customized:

-added many fields to the Request Properties group

-added the CSS class "d1im-popup-large" to VI_ITShop_Approvals (found in this forum posting: https://www.quest.com/community/products/one-identity/f/identity-manager/21704/modify-visual-appearance-of-request-properties/65900#65900)

-added the same CSS class to VI_ITShop_AnswerQuestions (then tried changing the class to "imx-popup-large" after noticing a reference to that class in the page source)

Below are screenshots of the form and where I'm adding the CssClass.  The form image is not the whole form, but it does extend beyond the end of the page, with no scrollbar.  I'm able to modify the CSS through Chrome's tools as a test, and was able to make it usable, but I don't know how to change the CSS in WebDesigner - I'm very new to the WebDesigner tool!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Ellen

• Hi ellen,
    I can't confirm your findings.
    Are you using the mobile view? This does not have a visible scrollbar. It does scroll and it shows the scrollbar in some browsers, but sometimes hard to get it, depending on the browser.
    Maybe you could ask support.
    Regards,
    Geraldine

• Thanks Geraldine. I think I figured it out. In case another newbie runs into this same issue, you need to make a copy of VI_Style_RendererSettings_Default and modify Popup styles, specifically .qui-modal-dialog, changing overflow to 'auto'.

Also, when searching your project, don't make the same mistake I did and assume the Search button will return everything - you need to use the 'Search All' instead.

Ellen
  • Hi Ellen,

NEVER make a copy of VI_Style_RendererSettings_Default!!!!!
    Please use extensions instead.

If you cahnge the modal-dialog to auto then the whole thing will scroll, with its header and the button bars at the top. That's why in standard only the content is set to auto.

I do not recommend what you have implemented.
    In other popups you might have two scrollbars than as well.

And yes search searches returns the fist found occurrence, while search all returns every occurrence. I'll consider the wording. Maybe find and find all would be better.

Regards,
    Geraldine
  • It's displaying correctly now, but you're right - I could end up with another scrollbar if something changes. I'll set it to overflow-x: hidden and overflow-y: scroll.

So the proper way to make a CSS change in this case would be to add a new CSS node with the modified classes to VI_Styles_RendererSetting_Default? How do I assign this stylesheet to the popup rather than the default 'Popup styles' stylesheet?
  • overflow-y: scroll will even make it worse. auto for both was slightly better. But you still might end up with two vertical scroll bars.

Yes, another node as extension always for VI_Styles_RendererSetting_Default. For the other layout definitions, it's your choice.
    You can also add the HTML attribute style to a container, if you need it just for one occurance.