This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Creating Employees via IT Shop with approvals not working in v8.0.1

Hi

Im using v8.0.1 

I want certain employees to be able to create other employees ( with different manager ) and configure approvals.

I tried to assign basic roles \ employee managers role to these employees in order to give them permission to create other employees.

In v8.0.1 not working, in v7 it is working.  

• I doubt that this has worked in v7 without additional modifications. The application role you mentioned is automatically assigned to a user if the user is a manager or supervisor of employees, departments, locations, cost centers, business roles or IT Shops. But the permissions on the objects are based on your ownership itself.

To be able to modify all employees you need to assign the application role Identity Management\Employees\Administrators.
  • Hi Markus,

V8 it is working by assigning basic roles \ employee managers, just tested it.
    V8.0.1 no
  • I was only able to replicate this once in version 8, but I have not been able to create another employee that can do this (not sure what was going on). I was, however, able to see the permission groups that my employee had when it could add employees to another manager, those were "vi_4_PERSONADMIN" and "vi_4_SYNCPROJECT_ADMIN".

Compared to another employee who can't add other employees

Maybe there was inheritance coming from somewhere else, but to get the permission groups needed, as Markus said, you'll need to assign "Identity Management" | "Employees" | "Administrators". You can verify if the permissions are assigned by double clicking on the person name in the bottom right of the application, and selecting "Permissions Groups"

I hope this is able to help,

Roman Demchenko