This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How the password can be reset through ITshop request?

Hi,

I want to enable the user (we can assume it as support person) to reset the password of other users. I am trying to create a request property where in support person will select the user and then he will pass the password. But how can I have Password and Confirm password option where in both the passwords will be compared as it happens normally and validate the password with Password policies as well?

Parents
  • If you are on version 8.x, why not using Password Reset Web Portal for the users and allowing the HelpDesk persons to generate a temporary passcode that the users can use to log into the Password Reset Web Portal if they forgot their password?

By default, the managers of a person can generate a passcode in the Web Portal and the Operations Support Team in the Operations Web.

• Hi Markus,

I am trying to extend my existing web portal for Operation support web portal but after I completed my installation, I am not able to access it. I tried accessing it on the same web portal URL which I was using before. Did I miss anything?

• Hi Markus,

Thanks for the help. I am able to login to operation support web portal now and able to create the passcode for user. But, how can I send the passcode to the user via mail? Do we need to customize something or anything available OOTB for this? Thank you

• The idea is to provide the passcode either in person, through the phone, or by another means of communication.

You have to keep in mind that the user might be completely locked out  and unable to read e-mail.

Reply Children
No Data