This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to change the visibility of Operation Support web portal?

HI,

I have installed Operation support web portal and can see JobQueue and DBQueue status there. Even, I can start and stop JobQueue and DBQueue. I don't want user to see all this. Only he should be able to generate passcode for users. Is it possible to customize this? Thank you

Parents
  • It is not supported to customize the Operations support web portal. You can assign the Employee Administrator role to those people and then they are entitled to create passcodes in the standard Web Portal like a manager.

• Hi Markus,

We have assigned the Employee Administrator role to user and searched user but we are not able to see create passcode option. Can you please provide more details around this?

Thanks

• On the overview page for the person, there is a tile called Passcode. You cannot miss it.

• This is for Manager login. But  if I add Employee Admin role to a new user who is not a manager of any user and then login to web portal and search for user, i can only see Overview no other tabs. If I am manager then i can generate passcoe for subordinate.

I didn't miss it, I searched but unable to see.

• HI Markus,

Can you please check again? I have given all Admin roles default available in oneIM to user, according to role user is able to see IT Shop, Business roles etc but we are unable to see this passcode option for any user. only manager can see this option for their staff.

Please check and let us know if we can have only one role and user under that can only generate passcode for any user not any other able to perform.

Thanks.

• Sorry my bad. You are right, the employee admin is currently unable to create the passcode.

To change the visibility of the tile you need to change to condition as marked in the screenshot. But be careful if you change the function IsOwnerOrAdmin as this might be used in other locations on that form to control visibility.

• Sorry my bad. You are right, the employee admin is currently unable to create the passcode.

To change the visibility of the tile you need to change to condition as marked in the screenshot. But be careful if you change the function IsOwnerOrAdmin as this might be used in other locations on that form to control visibility.

Children
  • Hi Markus,

you want to us modify Viewing condition of container 7 or we need to edit IsOwnerOrAdmin Rule.  Since both highlighted here. Can you please provide condition snippet so it will be easy to test since highlighted condition already there by default. So we can test impact on other visibility parts ASAP.

Thanks and Regards. 

• First, I do not want you to do anything. I pointed you to the two nodes where you can create your customization. Personally, I would go an change the Rule on the IsOwnerOrAdmin node. But you need to check about possible side effects.

This is a community here and I am happy to help. If you need further help with implementing this, I suggest contacting support or one of our implementation partners.

Btw. sorry about downvoting your post. It seems that currently there is no way of removing accidental votes.