This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New user attestation approval flow advice OIM 8.0.1

Hey all,

So in a scenario where business units across the enterprise have differing hierarchies, I was wondering what your thoughts would be on handling the following.

1. New person is inserted

1. Person has direct manager
      1. New user attestation sent to the manager.

2. Person does NOT have a direct manager
      1. Check for primary business role, and if exists check for manager of role
        1. New user attestation sent to this person

3. Person does NOT have a primary business role assigned
      1. Check department manager
        1. New user attestation sent to this person

What is the best way to do this?

• Customize an attestation approval workflow and just add the various approval methods?
    • Would the lack of a condition trigger a deny?
  • Do a calculated decision that captures all of the conditions above with a fall back to a role?

I know that this is a reasonably simple use case, but I was reading through the attestation documentation but I didn't get a good bead on how to run a specific scenario with an example.

Thanks!

• You are a patient man... Slight smile

Ok so I surmise this is because of the generating condition of the VI_Attestation_AttestationCase_Person_Approval_Granted  process?

If $UID_AttestationPolicy$ = "ATT-BA221F0DA9894EF6B40D03B615EB5077" _
    	Or $UID_AttestationPolicy$ = "ATT-5800B88C704B415BBF79A305298DAA23" Then
    		Dim PersonKey As New DbObjectKey($ObjectKeyBase$)
    		Dim Person As ISingleDbObject = PersonKey.GetObject(Connection)

values("UID_Person") =  Person.GetValue("UID_Person").String
    End If

So I can either just pin the approval workflow to the default attestation policy, or change the generating condition of this process to that of my custom copies of the same?

• You got it.

And thanks to Version 8 you can customize the gen.condition on the process if you want to. But I suggest if you do, then change the one on VI_Attestation_AttestationCase_Person_Approval_Denied as well.

And thanks. No one ever told me I am a patient man...

• Ok I just went with pinning the approval policy that I wanted and that got me there. Very happy with the result. I will revisit the second scenario but for now I think that this will work.

Thanks again for your help.