This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

1IM 7.1.3 - certain issues with charts in a report

Hi all

I'm currently workin on a slightly complex report containing a chart to visualize the trend of entries in customer table. The issues i'm facing are:
1. While adding the title to chart i want to integrate a report variable into the text attribute. I've posted it in the syntax with {<variable name>} so my complete text-attribute of the Title for the chart is:

{Productname} vs. Benchmark vs. Threshold

While rendering the report, the variable is not substituted with its value. Is there any way to have a variable substituted in the chart title text and if, how can i approach that.

2. While adding the chart series to the chart, i'm trying to change the colors for the line charts and the brush settings for the clustered column currently integrated in the report. As soon as i  do leave the chart configuration pop-up, the color settings are reverted back to the initial values. What could be done to have the settings persisted?

Thanks for your assistence

Carsten

Parents
  • Hi Carsten,

sadly, the Text property of the chart title is a text-only property. But you can utilize the BeginRender event of the chart to set the title of the chart using code.

The following VB sample code sets the title of the chart Chart1 component.

Chart1.Title.Text = String.Format("{0} vs. Benchmark vs. Threshold", Productname)

In regards to the non-persistent colors and brush settings, please check if the property AllowApplyStyle has been set to true. That would explain the described behavior as the colors would be overridden by the assigned chart style.

• Hi Markus

Thanks for the quick reply. The trick with the AllowApplyStyle works like a charm. What i'm struggeling with is the Chart title. I removed the text from chart title and leveraged the BeginRender event as suggested. But with that, i do not see any chart title anymore while rendering the preview in report edit. Are there any other settings necessary in addition that i might be missing here?

Thanks
    Carsten

• Ok, i could work around that leveraging the BeforePrint Event of the chart instead of the BeginRender of the page and it does work out.

Thanks for the heads up. :-)

• Weird. I've tested it with the BegindRender event of the page and it worked.

So I am changing my answer for the sake of others. Thanks for the reply.

Reply Children
No Data