This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OneDB Encrypted : How to decrypt an Encrypted Password on Config Parameters

Hi all,

On production I have the ONE IDM encrypted in this way all internal passwords and connections are not show.

I have a parameter that contains a password. I encrypted the parameter and the original value now is not visible.

I need to take the parameter value on a custom script for a connection string.

I search on site, and I find the statements to descrypt the value. I wrote a function:

Public Function CCC_Get_DecryptedValue(ByVal EncryptedString As String) As String

Dim DecryptVal As String
            Dim decrypter As VI.Projector.Security.DatabaseEncryption = New VI.Projector.Security.DatabaseEncryption(Connection.Session)
            ' decryption using the Projector method
            DecryptVal = decrypter.Decrypt(EncryptedString)
            Return DecryptVal
        End Function

The function return the value encrypted and if I check the encrypted string using

Dim check As Boolean = decrypter.IsEncryptedValue(EncryptedString)

The check is false....  

Could you tell me what I wrong ?

Thank you very much and best regards

Ermes

Parents Reply
  • Hi Markus,

Obviously, the Job Service start using the private key generated from the DB encryption steps.

Without the private key the job service cannot start.

The code used as I wrote before is my function:

Public Function CCC_Get_DecryptedValue(ByVal EncryptedString As String) As String

Dim DecryptVal As String
                Dim decrypter As VI.Projector.Security.DatabaseEncryption = New VI.Projector.Security.DatabaseEncryption(Connection.Session)
                ' decryption using the Projector method
                DecryptVal = decrypter.Decrypt(EncryptedString)
                Return DecryptVal
            End Function

I deleted from your function the "Encryption" part because I don't need it.

Children