This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Change the way exceptions are displayed in the Web Portal

Our customer wants to change the way exceptions are displayed in the web portal.
More precisely, we want to replace the popup by something else. As an example, when editing database column via PropertyEditor, and the underlying format script throws an exception, we would like to have the message as red text below the field (like on 'regular' validation errors) instead of the 'annoying' popup.

I tried to find a component or function that is responsible for displaying exceptions, but had no luck. Is it possible to customize this behavior at all?

Parents
  • Hello Christian,

You cannot change the function itself, but you can re-define any javascript function. As an example:

imx.errors.displayHtmlInPopup = function(title, message) {
      alert(title+": "+message);
    }

• Thanks, Hanno, this works. Looks like I had a syntax problem in my attempts.

Now, I don't suppose there is a simple way to redirect the contents into a UserMessage at the top of the frame ;) ? I haven't found anything in V7 that could trigger such a message via JS.

• Thanks, Hanno, this works. Looks like I had a syntax problem in my attempts.

Now, I don't suppose there is a simple way to redirect the contents into a UserMessage at the top of the frame ;) ? I haven't found anything in V7 that could trigger such a message via JS.

Children