This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OrderShoppingCart method error

hi

I've created a simple process which creates a shopping order, places a shopping item in it and calls the method OrderShoppingMethod.

On the last step I've got the error.

I can call OrderShoppingMethod from the ObjectBrowser with the same parameters without any errors.

I'm not sure about Save a parameter. But it doesn't work either way.

[Job]

ComponentAssembly=HandleObjectComponent

ComponentClass=VI.JobService.JobComponents.HandleObjectComponent

Task=CallMethod

Executiontype=INTERNAL

[Parameters]

AuthenticationString=Hidden

ConnectionProvider=VI.DB.ViSqlFactory,VI.DB

ConnectionString=Hidden

MethodName=OrderShoppingCart

ObjectType=Person

Param1=815a6842-d3e2-42c6-8667-f51db7a05ec3

Param2=False

ProcID=4a041e67-0fcc-4c53-a9a0-5182c9c8f54f

Save=True

UID_ShoppingCartOrder=815a6842-d3e2-42c6-8667-f51db7a05ec3

WhereClause=UID_Person = '6947a444-c6b4-4329-a2dd-430e79560289'

2018-10-09 18:37:09 +03:00 - \SERVER - VI.JobService.JobComponents.HandleObjectComponent - a6b40537-bd8d-4ca5-9e01-eafa8b5c133a: Errors occurred

Optimizing by using the existing connection.

Error saving Test: [System.NotSupportedException] TypeConverter cannot convert from System.String.

at VI.DB.Implementation.HandleObjectKernel._OperationCallMethod(IUnitOfWork optionalUnitOfWork)

at VI.DB.Implementation.HandleObjectKernel._CallMethod(IEntity entity, String methodname, List`1 parms)

at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)

at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.GetConvertFromException(Object value)

Method OrderShoppingCart was called for 1 object(s) of type Person.

Parents
  • I assume that you renamed the process step parameter Param3 to UID_ShoppingCartOrder as this parameter does not exist at the CallMethod task normally. Now the issue is, that there are several overloads exists for this method and one of the signatures matches your number of parameters (3) but the 3rd parameter cannot be created from a string input value.

Just remove the parameter UID_ShoppingCartOrder from the process step and to process should work.

• Hi Markus,

I use only param1 and param2 in that step. And UID_ShoppingCartOrder is the name of OUT parameter from previous step where I create the shopping order.

Reply Children