This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Veriable resolving in Reports

In custom reports I use variable with marked property "Request from User". Data source for variable values is table Person (UID_Person from it)

User must choose Person and after that variable will contain UID_Person. In header of the report I need to write Lastname and Firstname of the selected person.

If I use notation "{variable}" I will see UID_Person, can I resolve UID_Person to Lastname in the header of the report ?  I mean something like: ”{variable.Lastname}” or  ”{variable.Value}”.

Parents
  • You need to create an additional data query loading the values you need from the person object (Firstname, Lastname in your case) using the parameter. In the report, you can access those values with {SelectedPerson.Firstname} assuming you called the additional query SelectedPerson.

• You need to create an additional data query loading the values you need from the person object (Firstname, Lastname in your case) using the parameter. In the report, you can access those values with {SelectedPerson.Firstname} assuming you called the additional query SelectedPerson.

Children