This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ms-Exch-Assistant-Name attribute

Hi people,

I was wondering if anyone knows if the above attribute can be filled natively using a field within One Identity. I couldn't find a corresponding field in the Exchange 2013 synchronization editor project.

I know I will be able to fill this field using, for example a custom field and a custom process, but I wanted to know if any of you guys know the standard field for this.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ryo

Parents
  • I was able to get this to work by extending the table ADSaccount to allow for a new column, I called it CCC_ExchAssistant using the SchemaExtension tool. I then opened the Synchronization editor and loaded the sync project for Active Directory. I then clicked on One Identity Manager connection and clicked on update schema.

Once it was done I had to activate the project again (instead of deactivate project it will say activate project). 

I then clicked on mappings and went to User and then clicked on add rule under Property mapping rules and set my the column that I created above (string) and from the target I set the msExchAssistantName. I set the mapping direction to Identity Manager only. 

I then populated the attribute msExchAssistantName via Active Directory Users and Computers and then started a sync with this target system in the Sync Editor. Once completed I checked the user in manager and I can now see the attribute populated.

I would highly recommend testing this in a lower environment first before putting into production to ensure you get the desired results.

• I was able to get this to work by extending the table ADSaccount to allow for a new column, I called it CCC_ExchAssistant using the SchemaExtension tool. I then opened the Synchronization editor and loaded the sync project for Active Directory. I then clicked on One Identity Manager connection and clicked on update schema.

Once it was done I had to activate the project again (instead of deactivate project it will say activate project). 

I then clicked on mappings and went to User and then clicked on add rule under Property mapping rules and set my the column that I created above (string) and from the target I set the msExchAssistantName. I set the mapping direction to Identity Manager only. 

I then populated the attribute msExchAssistantName via Active Directory Users and Computers and then started a sync with this target system in the Sync Editor. Once completed I checked the user in manager and I can now see the attribute populated.

I would highly recommend testing this in a lower environment first before putting into production to ensure you get the desired results.

Children
No Data