This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Set default location of New Active Directory group in WebPortal

We are looking at the possibility of letting end-users create their own Active Directory groups in the web portal by using the default service item "New Active Directory distribution/security group". This works fine, but we would like the groups to be created in a specific OU instead of letting the approver choose. I have figured out this has something to do with the object dependent references, but i do not have deep knowledge of the Web Designer so I can't figure out which part of which file I should edit. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Parents
  • Hi,

Look at the WebDesigner component ADS_ITShop_PersonWantsOrg_Information_Ext.

This is the component where a specific approver is supposed to select the container that the group will be created in .

Two possibilities come to mind:

- Define a filter that will only allow certain containers (or even just one)

- Remove the UID_ADSContainer property from the UI altogether. Set the UID_ADSContainer to a hard-coded value as shown here:

Regards

Hanno

• Hi,

Look at the WebDesigner component ADS_ITShop_PersonWantsOrg_Information_Ext.

This is the component where a specific approver is supposed to select the container that the group will be created in .

Two possibilities come to mind:

- Define a filter that will only allow certain containers (or even just one)

- Remove the UID_ADSContainer property from the UI altogether. Set the UID_ADSContainer to a hard-coded value as shown here:

Regards

Hanno

Children