One Identity 8.1 Job Ques

I am somewhat familiar with setting up Job Ques in One Identity 7.2 but I have recently setup a new fresh out of the box One Identity 8.1 install. On my Job server, I noticed it builds the SQL que for you. So I attempted to add a Que for an AD connector, but failed to get it to work until I installed it on a separate Job Server VM (?! why ?!), but the AD que and sync are working fine). But no matter what I try to do to add a native DB connector I cannot get the Sync Service project to "see" it. I have tried adding the server function to the SQL que, creating a separate Que, and creating a another VM hosting another job server with the Native database connector. All three setups show the Que fine and connected in Job Queue. I will get the entire Sync project working just fine. tests fine, looks good etc, but no matter what I try when I try to actually execute the Start up Config I get: "Error generating processes for event Run.
Error executing script 'Event_Run'.
Error generation process step event RUN.
Error generating process DPR_DPRProjectionStartInfo_Run_Synchronization.
Error generating process step Run Synchronization.
There is no server that can fulfill server mask and/or server selection script input."

What am I missing? When I did the remote connection option, it connected fine when running through the wizard. As a third question, with 8.1, is it possible to have all three ques on the same Job server?

Parents
  • Hi Joshua,

Have you correctly configured a Base object in your sync project that is pointing at the job server / queue you have created?

Your AD queue should work fine on the same job server ..... are the machine roles and server functions configured correctly for that queue to support AD connector?

And yes you can configure one job server to run multiple queues.

HTH, Barry.

• Hi Joshua,

Have you correctly configured a Base object in your sync project that is pointing at the job server / queue you have created?

Your AD queue should work fine on the same job server ..... are the machine roles and server functions configured correctly for that queue to support AD connector?

And yes you can configure one job server to run multiple queues.

HTH, Barry.

Children