Mail unsubscribes don't seem to be working. What am I missing?

Hi All,

I'm trying to stop some users from getting approval email (they have delegates who receive and action the approvals instead). I've gone into ITShop as one of the users, disabled the email template and confirmed there's an entry in DialogMailNoSubscription.

When I launch a request and this user (plus the delegate) are set as approves, both the original user and the delegate still have an email notification generated in the JobQueue (same as without the DialogMailNoSubscription entry).

Am I missing something about how these work? Do I need update process generating conditions (hope not!) on all OOTB processes that send mail?

Any help or insight appreciated.

Glen.

• What version are you using?

Are you sending the email via some custom processes are you seeing ootb processes in the job queue?

• Hi Markus,

Using 8.1, default processes and mail templates. Tested with the 'Approval pending' notification which fires off of the PWOHelperPWO table. The approval workflow is custom, but other than that its all OOTB. Yes, when I request a product which the user in question is an approver for, I see the OOTB process in JobQueue which sends the notification. 

The approval uses the OR - Member of role procedure, and there's two people in the role. I expected only one mail job to be generated, but as said, its generating for both, even though the user has the mail template specified in the approval workflow as unsubscribed. 

Glen.

• Hi Again Mark,

TLDR: Apologies for the confusion, this seems to be working now.

My tests before were looking to see if the process for the excluded staff member was generated (which it was) though I hadn't yet set up papercut to check the messages actually went out via SMTP. I'd thought about how bad this would be if it was gen condition-based (and hence I'd be updating a tonne of gen conditions to cover all cases) and then realised the SendMail components probably had this check baked in. Then, how could they perform the check without generating the jobs? ...

Upon testing end to end, I've now confirmed that a single email is sent even though two jobs appear in the queue. 

• Yepp, you are right. The test against the subscription opt-out is done by the rich-mal component itself for some reason I cannot remember completely but it is doing it on purpose.