Change sort order in QBMDBQueueTask (v8.0)

Hi Experts,

One of the issues I'm having at my client is that the approval WFs are taking too long to process, in particular the CD steps. The DBqueue is usually very busy, and the approval WF steps are lower down in the order which is why the DBQueue processor doesn't seem to get to it quick enough

Question is can I change the sort order of the QER-K-ShoppingRackMakeDecisionCD task in QBMDBQueueTask to somethinng lower so that it is picked up first? Would it get reset due to some reason if I did do so and any other caveats I need to be aware of? I appreciate the sort order has been assigned after careful consideration so I'm a bit weary of changing it, but just thought I'd check here just in case

Thanks

Kin

Parents
  • Hi,

I have a question regarding the sortorder in QBMDBQueueTask. (V8.1)

is there a stored procedure or any process that resets the values (sortorder) to 29990?
    We have created custom QBMDBQueueTasks at our customer which should run with SortOrder 739990, but these are currently going to be reset to 29990 at an unspecified time.

Thanks

Johannes

• Hi Johannes,

the SortOrder of QBMDBQueueTask is calculated based on the entered dependencies. Manual setting of the SortOrder is nether intended nor supported.

There is a reason why you want 739990 as a SortOrder. The proper way is to create entries in QBMDBQueueTaskDepend defining the dependencies of your task.

Let's assume your task relies on up to date entries in PersonHasObject for ADSGroups. In this case you need to create an entry in QBMDBQueueTaskDepend with UID_TaskPredecessor = ADS-K-PersonHasADSGroup and your task as UID_TaskFollower. This way your task gets an SortOrder higher than ADS-K-PersonHasADSGroup.

• Hi Johannes,

the SortOrder of QBMDBQueueTask is calculated based on the entered dependencies. Manual setting of the SortOrder is nether intended nor supported.

There is a reason why you want 739990 as a SortOrder. The proper way is to create entries in QBMDBQueueTaskDepend defining the dependencies of your task.

Let's assume your task relies on up to date entries in PersonHasObject for ADSGroups. In this case you need to create an entry in QBMDBQueueTaskDepend with UID_TaskPredecessor = ADS-K-PersonHasADSGroup and your task as UID_TaskFollower. This way your task gets an SortOrder higher than ADS-K-PersonHasADSGroup.

Children
No Data