Cannot modify object via API "StartUnitOfWork"

Hi all,

I tried to modify an attribute of the person object via the API in system debugger with the following code :

dbPerson = Session.Source.Get("Person", "38d611af-e1aa-4ffd-b4b4-79672d2cc21e")

' Update CustomProperty09 (Person)
dbPerson.PutValue("CustomProperty10", "test")

' Save person to database
Using uow As IUnitOfWork = Session.StartUnitOfWork()
    uow.Put(dbPerson)
    uow.Commit()
End Using

But i get always an error at line uow.put(dbPerson)

{"Error during execution of 'OnLoaded' in logic module 'VI.DB.Entities.EntityScriptLogic'."}

{"Could not load type 'DynScripts.Tables' from assembly 'Tables, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.":"DynScripts.Tables"}

Do you know how to resolve this ?

Regards,

Truc

Parents Reply Children
  • My version is OIM 8.0.2., here the detailed error on system debugger :

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    	at SystemDebugger.Controls.ScriptDebugControl.StartScript(MethodInfo script, Boolean bDebugStop, Boolean bTransaction)
    	at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters)
    	at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    	at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
    	at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    Thread was being aborted.
    	at VI.DB.Entities.EntityBase.GetDebuggerDisplay()
    	at VI.DB.Entities.EntityBase.get_Display()
    	at VI.Base.SyncActions.Do[T](Func`1 function)
    	at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result()
    	at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
    	at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
    	at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.GetExceptions(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
    	at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskExceptionHolder.CreateExceptionObject(Boolean calledFromFinalizer, Exception includeThisException)
    	at System.Environment.GetResourceFromDefault(String key)

2020-04-14 13:56:27	SqlLog	(3 ms) - select 1 where exists (select 1 from PersonInAERole where (UID_AERole = 'QER-AEROLE-AEADMIN'))
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Run statement and fetch data done in 4ms.
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Session variable: Setting QER.Customizer.Person.AdminUserExists to True.
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Result: CreateAdminUser(VI.DB.Entities.ISession, VI.DB.Entities.IEntity, System.Threading.CancellationToken) MethodEnabled = False
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Action on CreateAdminUser(VI.DB.Entities.ISession, VI.DB.Entities.IEntity, System.Threading.CancellationToken) MethodVisible depends on _AdminUserExists
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Result: CreateAdminUser(VI.DB.Entities.ISession, VI.DB.Entities.IEntity, System.Threading.CancellationToken) MethodVisible = False
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Old state: Loaded, LogicInitialize, New state: Loaded
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	StopWatch	Getting PolicyColumns/global from cache. done in 11ms.....
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Old state: Loaded, New state: Loaded, LogicInitialize
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Person: Initializing Customizer
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Action on ComplianceCheckSimple(VI.DB.Entities.ISession, VI.DB.Entities.IEntity, System.Threading.CancellationToken) MethodEnabled depends on [IsLoaded], Config(QER\ComplianceCheck\SimpleMode)
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Result: ComplianceCheckSimple(VI.DB.Entities.ISession, VI.DB.Entities.IEntity, System.Threading.CancellationToken) MethodEnabled = True
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Old state: Loaded, LogicInitialize, New state: Loaded
    2020-04-14 13:56:27	ObjectLog	Executing OnLoaded...
    2020-04-14 13:56:28	ObjectLog	Rollback transaction in read/write entity
    2020-04-14 13:56:28	SqlLog	(7 ms) - Reading BLOB from table Person, column 

And when i compiled the database i did not see any error on designer :

https://github.com/sieutruc/thp2/blob/master/iga_script_compile.jpg

I can give you all the information necessary.

• Did you try to re-create the system library including just the system scripts and updating the project references?

• Thank you for you help,

I found the problem. 

I reload all the scripts from the database and i found an error when compiling the script. And i iuse designer to modify and commit the change to db. AFter that i can modify the object as shown on your videos.

I juste have a questions , my developer creates something like the following : 

' VI-KEY(<Key><T>DialogScript</T><P>CCC-C60CC6B5321296498AF0BA3E719BEC2E</P></Key>, CCC_Button)

<BaseObjectTypeAttribute("UNSAccountB")> _
        Public Function CCC_Button_Insert(ByVal dbObject As ISingleDbObject) As String
            Return CCC_Button_Mail(dbObject, "Insert")
        End Function

Public Function CCC_Button_Update(ByVal dbObject As ISingleDbObject) As String
            Return CCC_Button_Mail(dbObject, "Update")
        End Function

Public Function CCC_Button_Update_Password(ByVal dbObject As ISingleDbObject) As String
            Return CCC_Button_Mail(dbObject, "UpdatePassword")
        End Function

Public Function CCC_Button_Delete(ByVal dbObject As ISingleDbObject) As String
            Return CCC_Button_Mail(dbObject, "Delete")
        End Function

Private Function CCC_Button_Mail(ByVal dbObject As ISingleDbObject, ByVal strDecisionType As String) As String
            Dim strSubject As String = String.Empty
            Dim strbodyText As New System.Text.StringBuilder
        End Function

I do not know that one VI-KEY can contain several functions (in your video you did not say about this). And when one function does not compile, i do not see any error when compiing the database and even in the logs, until i reload them in system debugger.

And in the system debugger it does not show the function name that contains the error. I have to use designer to correct that function.

So how can i get the log of this compilation error ? to know exactly where it is when doing on designer or object browser ?

• I do not know that one VI-KEY can contain several functions (in your video you did not say about this).

The videos aren't by far feature complete. This was never the intention. Think about them as a jump start to get you up to speed.

But the answer is yes, you can have multiple functions or procedures in one DialogScript. This is fully supported, as even some OOTB scripts are composed like that. I really doubt that this is the issue.

What did Visual Studio complain about as you tried to build your solution?

And in regards to the compilation errors, please check the documentation https://support.oneidentity.com/de-de/technical-documents/identity-manager/8.0.2/configuration-guide/11#TOPIC-1022902

• My vs is vs studio 2013 as the one you shown on the video. Yes, i will look at the compilation error on your page to know more.