Job Service idle - v8.0

Hi Experts

I have a question about some job services in our environment

I have noticed that the JS is only processing 4-5 steps at a time and it has more than 500 waiting in "TRUE" state (assigned to different job chains)

We have increase the external slots count to 50, yet only 4-5 of these slots get utilized at max and other process steps assigned to the same service keep waiting to begin and stay in TRUE state. We have not set any concurrency limits within the processes, they are all doing a simple scriptexec. The server is massively underutilised because of this as well

What are the metrics which determine how many steps the service will process in parallel, even after having a lot of slots?

Thanks

Kin

Parents
  • Have seen this again with a Adhodsync

We have a process which triggers an adhoc sync based on an update to a person object -> I did a bulk update of 5000 persons which triggered 5000 of these processes. At most, 5 adhoc sync jobs run in parallel, others are queued up and the server is only 10% CPU and memory utilized. Is there any way to get this service to pickup as many sync jobs in parallel as the external slots allow?

• Have seen this again with a Adhodsync

We have a process which triggers an adhoc sync based on an update to a person object -> I did a bulk update of 5000 persons which triggered 5000 of these processes. At most, 5 adhoc sync jobs run in parallel, others are queued up and the server is only 10% CPU and memory utilized. Is there any way to get this service to pickup as many sync jobs in parallel as the external slots allow?

Children