Can’t delete outstanding object in ADSAccount

I have a few user accounts in the ADSAccount table that are duplicates, so I’ve been going through and cleaning them up.

For one user account the duplicate has been assigned by an account definition so I can’t delete it. When I run RevokeAccountDef it tells me “The account definition cannot be removed because it was not manually assigned”. Is it possible to override this? 

Parents
  • It is not possible to override this, and honestly, it wouldn't help for long assuming that the assigned account definition has been inherited.

You need to check the origin of the account definition assignment first, and then clean this up at the source.

• That makes sense. The account definition originates from a dynamic role, and is correct (that is, we want these employees to have this account definition), the problem is that there are two accounts in the ADSAccount table for AD and the account definition is tied to the account that is not in AD. 

I assumed that if I was able to remove the wrong account from the ADSAccount table it would resolve the issue. But maybe there is a better way? Any advice is much appreciated.

• That makes sense. The account definition originates from a dynamic role, and is correct (that is, we want these employees to have this account definition), the problem is that there are two accounts in the ADSAccount table for AD and the account definition is tied to the account that is not in AD. 

I assumed that if I was able to remove the wrong account from the ADSAccount table it would resolve the issue. But maybe there is a better way? Any advice is much appreciated.

Children