How do I capture the identity the object inserted via HandleObjectComponent - Insert in the next step

Hello,

I have implemented a custom process that contains a HandleObjectComponent - Insert step. I would like to use the identifier of the inserted object in a next step. In the available parameters I notice two parameters that could assist me.

• ResultingKeyParam
  • ResukltingObjectParam

I have activated these two parameters on the step that inserts the object and now I would like to be able to use them in the next step.

I have tried out all imaginable possibilities to use the values of these parameters in the next step but to not avail. I am sure I am missing something.

Can anyone tell me exactly what the syntax is in the step that wants to use these identifiers.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Wilke

Parents
  • As the description states:

• ResultingKeyParam: "Name of Out parameter creating during processing that contains the primary key of the inserted object.
    • ResultingObjectParam: "Name of Out parameter creating during processing that contains the ObjectKey of the inserted object."

So you need to assign one of these parameters to your process step and assign the name of the OUT-Parameter as the value.

You can access the PK or the XObjectKey (depending on the parameter chosen) using the normal OUT-parameter syntax and your given parameter name in one of the following process steps in your process.

HtH

• As the description states:

• ResultingKeyParam: "Name of Out parameter creating during processing that contains the primary key of the inserted object.
    • ResultingObjectParam: "Name of Out parameter creating during processing that contains the ObjectKey of the inserted object."

So you need to assign one of these parameters to your process step and assign the name of the OUT-Parameter as the value.

You can access the PK or the XObjectKey (depending on the parameter chosen) using the normal OUT-parameter syntax and your given parameter name in one of the following process steps in your process.

HtH

Children