Question about Remote Connection and Proxy settings

Hello Experts,

I'm configuring a Sync project in which the SynchEditor does not have direct connection to the target system. That's the perfect scenario for using Remote Connection.

However, after reading ( https://support.oneidentity.com/technical-documents/identity-manager/8.0.1/target-system-synchronization-reference-guide/3#TOPIC-917189 ) I ended up with an ambiguous idea about the JobServer created to be the RemoteServer. My question is: The RemoteServer configuration along with its required new JobServer is ONLY for SynchEditor to connect to the target? After configuration is done, the normal execution will go through a "normal" jobserver, which of course, needs access to the target?

Complementing this question, my need is actually just open access to internet to connect on cloud services. By simply configuring a proxy in Windows, I did the job. However, it is not intended to let the server with internet connection. Is there any kind of simply proxy configuration for the JobServer, SynchEditor or anything in One Identity?

Best Regards,

Leonilson Lopes

Top Replies

Parents
  • To my knowledge remote connect plugin is used when You work with SyncEditor on any workstation and want to connect to target system that is not accessible from Your workstation.

You might like to browse objects in Target system. 

If this target system is not available from Your workstation You will use remote connection to do that.

To connect to a target system from a job server through another job server ...... not sure You can do that

• is right about this one.

Remote access may be necessary, if:

• A synchronization project must be set up.
    • An existing synchronization project must be configured but there is generally no direct access to the target system.
    • A existing synchronization project must be configured but there is temporarily no direct access to the target system.

One Identity Manager requires a connection to target system, for example, to update the target system schema, to define a scope or to test the object matching rules. A message appears if you cannot connect to the target system when editing the synchronization configuration. Then you can decide whether you want to connect through a remote connection server, temporarily. In this case, a remote connection dialog opens.

• An existing synchronization project needs to be configured but some connection data is encrypted and the encryption values are not known to the Synchronization Editor user.

If you need to access data in the cloud, you probably need an internet connection on the machine accessing the data.

• is right about this one.

Remote access may be necessary, if:

• A synchronization project must be set up.
    • An existing synchronization project must be configured but there is generally no direct access to the target system.
    • A existing synchronization project must be configured but there is temporarily no direct access to the target system.

One Identity Manager requires a connection to target system, for example, to update the target system schema, to define a scope or to test the object matching rules. A message appears if you cannot connect to the target system when editing the synchronization configuration. Then you can decide whether you want to connect through a remote connection server, temporarily. In this case, a remote connection dialog opens.

• An existing synchronization project needs to be configured but some connection data is encrypted and the encryption values are not known to the Synchronization Editor user.

If you need to access data in the cloud, you probably need an internet connection on the machine accessing the data.

Children
No Data