Ca i install the Historical database service on the same server which OneIM service installed

Hello,

I want to install and configure HDB. There are 3 scenerios and I choosed scenario 2. 

• Scenario 2: The One Identity Manager History Database and One Identity Manager database are on different database servers. The linked server is created by the One Identity Manager History Database's One Identity Manager Service.

I have a different sql server for HDB but I have no service server for HDB service. Can I install it on the same job server which OneIM service installed or should I need another dedicated service server for HDB tools?  

BR,

Ferhat

Parents
  • Hi,

Technically you 'can' install and run the HDB service on the same job server that runs the server service for the main DB.  At my customer we have a job server (in production) that runs 3 services .... 2 are for the main DB and manage a single queue each .... and the 3rd is for the HDB service.  All runs perfectly fine.

That said .... it is recommended/best practice to host the HDB itself on a separate DB server to that of the main DB.

HTH, Barry.

• Hi,

Technically you 'can' install and run the HDB service on the same job server that runs the server service for the main DB.  At my customer we have a job server (in production) that runs 3 services .... 2 are for the main DB and manage a single queue each .... and the 3rd is for the HDB service.  All runs perfectly fine.

That said .... it is recommended/best practice to host the HDB itself on a separate DB server to that of the main DB.

HTH, Barry.

Children