How to run process step not under computer account?

Currently I've built a process, which performs data import using previosly created script via Data Import tool.

I'm using "ScriptComponent - DataImport" task in process step, however, getting following error during execution:

ErrorMessages (2021-09-27 16:01:59.703) [810222] Error executing script 'TEST_SAPSystem_To_ServiceCategory'.
[System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException] Login failed for user 'DEVDOM\SRV335$'.
at StdioProcessor.StdioProcessor._Execute(Job job)

Am I right that I need to change a value in AuthenticationString in step parameters from current (default) Value = ConnectionInfo.AuthString to something else to run this step, for example as "SA" or "Synchronization"?

Parents
  • Hi,

This is how I've always done it and it works for me.

In the process step that runs the DataImport set the parameters as follows:

The important thing here is that you enable the 'Options' parameter, set it to have the same value as ConnectionString, and that it is hidden and encrypted (like ConnectionString).

Now, in your script there will be a line like this:

Probably followed by some existing connection string value.  Change it to look like this:

The script should now run and use the same credentials as the DialogDatabase to establish the database connection for the line provider.

HTH, Barry.

• Hi,

This is how I've always done it and it works for me.

In the process step that runs the DataImport set the parameters as follows:

The important thing here is that you enable the 'Options' parameter, set it to have the same value as ConnectionString, and that it is hidden and encrypted (like ConnectionString).

Now, in your script there will be a line like this:

Probably followed by some existing connection string value.  Change it to look like this:

The script should now run and use the same credentials as the DialogDatabase to establish the database connection for the line provider.

HTH, Barry.

Children